The Count of DT-IL
סמל אישי של המשתמש

הצטרף: ה' דצמבר 13, 2007 12:57 pm
הודעות: 7223
מיקום: קדימה
ג'ורדן בעדכון מקולומביה: הלהקה סובלת טיפה... :D
אני חושב שהם לא ישנו במלונות כאלו מאז סבב ההופעות של I&W. :haha:
ציטוט:
Yesterday we arrived in Columbia. It was basically an 18 hour adventure getting from our hotel in Belo Horizonte, Brazil to Bogata, Columbia.

There was a major lay over in Sao Paulo and we were just hanging out in the airport for hours. Seemed like all of our fans were at that airport as well, because everywhere we turned there was somebody else wanting a photo and signing. Kinda crazy!

When we did finally get to our hotel it was a total shit-hole. None of us even would walk into our rooms. Basically we turned around and waked straight back to the lobby and asked Rikk our tour manager to find us another hotel ASAP. It did not happen until the next day when in the late afternoon we finally moved.

I spent that night sleeping on what felt like raw springs on a bed in the middle of a highway. Sounded like it! After we finally ended up at our new hotel the next day we were all starving (afraid to eat at the other hotel) so we went directly to the restaurant and order more food then we could possibly eat. So much that the waitress there was laughing at us!

After a much better quiet night I woke up to hammering and dogs barking! And you thought the road was easy??

Today after going absolutely stir crazy I decided to head out for a walk. I took the main street in the direction of a western style mall. I have to admit I was a little scared on the streets here.

Lots of security guards especially around the better stores. I did make it to the mall and it was pretty high class. Guards at the entrance, guards everywhere!

I did meet a fan in the mall at Tower records. He was very surprised to see me and very nice.

I managed to find my way back safely and now I'm getting ready to go to the soundcheck for the show at El Coliseo.

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
הודעהפורסם: ה' מרץ 13, 2008 6:22 pm 
מנותק
שגריר האופת'
סמל אישי של המשתמש

הצטרף: ה' דצמבר 13, 2007 3:44 pm
הודעות: 4902
מיקום: צבא השביזות לישראל
חח ככה זה מדינות עולם שלישי.

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
הודעהפורסם: ה' מרץ 13, 2008 8:46 pm 
מנותק
דרימיסט מתחיל
סמל אישי של המשתמש

הצטרף: ב' פברואר 04, 2008 12:59 pm
הודעות: 94
מיקום: המטבח של הל
חחח תכלס
יפה שהם נוסעים להופיע שם

אבל אם הם כבר בדרום אמריקה..
למה Thessera לא מחממים אותם??
זה יכול להיות אדירררררררררררררררר

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
הודעהפורסם: ו' מרץ 14, 2008 2:49 pm 
מנותק
The Count of DT-IL
סמל אישי של המשתמש

עדכון נוסף מרודס:
ציטוט:
The concert in Bogota last night was very exciting. It was a bit of a struggle for me personally, because the sound in the hall was really echoey and it made things unclear in my in ear monitors. But you guys don't want to hear about that and besides, we don't get paid to complain, we get paid to ROCK, and that we did!

Great audience. Really fantastic. After the show we went right back to the hotel and had some food delivered from the Hard Rock Cafe which I discovered on my walk earlier in the afternoon. A Veggie Burger in Bogota!

Woke up today and head out the door for the airport to go from Bogota to Caracas.

When we stepped in the airport it was more like a construction site and the entire staff was wearing little white masks. Scary! I held my breath the whole time (kidding) until I got a mask of my own (not kidding). Finally, after making it through the really long line at immigration, I ended up at a pretty nice airport lounge. Discovered some really cool Dashboard widgets for my Mac. A BPM counter and a Tuner Fish (which lets me sing into the Mic of the Mac and it tells me the pitch. It's meant for tuning guitars actually! Mike was having fun singing into it, guessing which pitch he was gonna sing and then seeing if he was right. He's pretty good at that game!

When we finally arrived in Caracas, we then had to board a bus which was a 3 hour journey to Valencia, where the gig is. First stop though was at a Subway sandwich shop and securing sandwiches for all! My Turkey order somehow morphed into a Pepperoni and Ham sandwich which was gross, so no food for the weary.

The bus ride was a good place to break out my new Korg Kaossilator though and Robert Dorion (my tech) and I had a good back and forth game going on with it, creating some very cool grooves. I love that thing!

When we arrived at the hotel tonight I was invited out with Emanuel,the promoter and some of the guys to a really good restaurant here in town! Had some good chat and some laughs with a young Venezuelan lad named Andres about music/ politics and such and then it was time to head back to the hotel.

I'm sitting here now in my hotel room. It's 2:30 in the morning and I'm pretty exhausted. Such is life on the road!

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
הודעהפורסם: ו' מרץ 14, 2008 3:19 pm 
מנותק
דרימיסט שרוף

הצטרף: ה' דצמבר 13, 2007 2:47 pm
הודעות: 1092
מיקום: Allone-Abba
:haha: :haha:
תיאורים פשוט קורעים! אני אוהב שהוא, וכל הלהקה בכלל, כ"כ צנועים.. כאילו לא נעים להם להיות סופרסטארים!
בוא'נה, אנחנו נקרע איתם את הארץ כשהם יבואו לפה! :yes:
יש מצב לאיזה סטליסט קצת רשמי מבוגוטה? וכן חיפשתי, פשוט לא מצאתי!

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
הודעהפורסם: ב' מרץ 17, 2008 7:20 pm 
מנותק
The Count of DT-IL
סמל אישי של המשתמש

העדכון האחרון מג'ורדן לסבב הדרום-אמריקאי:
ציטוט:
March 14-16

Well I made it through all the shows in South America without getting sick.
That was an accomplishment I thought considering all the intense travel and unusual conditions we had to deal with. I DID get sick however on the way back to Caracas after all the gigs were over. When we were about 40 minutes from Caracas I came down with a very bad stomach virus and the details are to upsetting to mention in this diary!

What is not upsetting is the fact that the Venezuelan show rocked!! What a great way to end the tour. The audience was intense and totally into it. There are some things that you never think about I'm sure when you come and see us play, like my riser for instance! When I walked onto it for sound check my first thought was that I would fall through it if I bounced up and down! It was so shaky.

Ace tech to the rescue of course. Robert found a way to fix it before the show started - thankfully! The other kinda strange thing that happened behind the scenes has to do with food. It was not a good food day! Usually I try to eat very healthy but I was really thrown off track today. Snickers bar for breakfast starting things off badly. When I got to the venue there were hot dogs and hamburgers for the catering.

I tried to bite into it the two choices but got grossed out pretty quickly.
So I ordered McDonald's. That arrived after sound check and was grosser then any of the other choices. So before the show I had 2 or 3 carrot sticks from our veggie tray!

After the show we all ordered Tony Roma's. That was really exciting to the band and the crew. It's the little things on the road that seem to matter!

When we were ready to leave, we all said our goodbyes to our crew and piled in one of these 10 person type vans for the 3 hour drive back to Caracas. We did not make it back to the airport hotel until about 3:30 in the morning. That was tough, but even more tough was waking up at 6:00AM to go to the airport!

When we got to the airport it was a very busy scene. Everyone in Venezuela was leaving for their Easter vacation obviously. It was strange waiting in line and feeling that delirious!

All in all the SA tour was a big success. The shows were awesome and it seems like SA is really a Dream Theater hot spot! It is a bit rough traveling there though because for a person like me who likes to walk around the places I visit, the cities don't lend themselves easily for that type of adventure. Some of them seem a little dangerous or unknown (I did venture out in a couple of places though).

Now I am home and recovering from the tour. Starting to re-learn some LTE for the shows in June and the web cast for Keyboard magazine on March 27th!

That's it for now!
JR

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
 נושא ההודעה: [דיון] ג'ורדן רודס
הודעהפורסם: א' מרץ 23, 2008 7:17 pm 
מנותק
The Count of DT-IL
סמל אישי של המשתמש

עידכון חדש:
ציטוט:
Its been a fairly busy time at home. I guess its true that I like my work, since I have spent a lot of practice time at the keyboard since I got home!

One of the things that I'm doing is preparing for the Keyboard Magazine live web cast coming up on Thursday March 27th at 10pm EST. Should be a lot of fun.

My plan is to bust out some of my cool leads and solos from various recordings. What will make it especially fun is that instead of just playing them against a prepared backing track I will have my keyboard buddy and the guy who is my host, the wonderfully talented Mr. Tom Brislin accompany me! I sent Tom some charts the other day and I feel guilty....so many meter changes. Anyway it should be cool! I will also talk about some my musical techniques and perhaps divulge some hidden secrets!

It's kind of a new format of streaming video and audio on the web to viewers that sign up in advance. If you are interested, check it out and sign up here - http://www.keyboardmag.com/article/k...r/mar-08/33903

At the moment I am in Salem MA. Thats right I never sit still. Part of the reason is that the kids are off school, and they really wanted to go on vacation!

At least this hotel has wireless internet so I can feel at ease with that! What's another hotel stay for me anyway!!??

This town is really cool. Ya know the witch trials of 1692? This is where they happened. We spent the day vibing it and going around to various witch
hang outs and museums. Pretty bizarre. Very fun. One of the stops was this cool photo place. My family are a bunch of performers (hams) and we had a great time in front of the camera as you can see!

תמונה תמונה
תמונה תמונה

I brought my little Nord Wave keyboard with me as to keep practicing as well whenever possible. Maybe when I finish this diary update! Tomorrow we head home.

I just got my Fantom G 88 back from Japan a couple days ago, so I will reacquaint myself with that quickly in time for the Roland sponsered magazine event! Also gonna bring my V-Synth GT to the party that night.

That's it for now.

JR

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
 נושא ההודעה: Re: [דיון] ג'ורדן רודס
הודעהפורסם: א' מרץ 23, 2008 7:25 pm 
מנותק
שגריר הפרוגרסיב
סמל אישי של המשתמש

הצטרף: ה' דצמבר 13, 2007 3:56 pm
הודעות: 8190
אין עוד מלבדו, כלי עולם!!! :cheers:

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
הודעהפורסם: ג' מרץ 25, 2008 2:07 pm 
מנותק
The Count of DT-IL
סמל אישי של המשתמש

נראה שג'ורדן נכנס חזק לתוך עניין ה"בלוגינג":
הפעם יש גם וידיאו.
ציטוט:
Today I walked in to the studio and started working with the Roland Fantom G 88 again. I had not seen the instrument since early January because it was needed for the NAMM show in California. It took a little while to get reacquainted with it. Finding the various functionality that I needed to get the job done!

I'm preparing for the webcast. Starting actually programming somethings for the LTE shows and put a little demo together for that webcast showing a live orchestration of part of one of the songs. Pretty cool stuff! You will have to tune in to know about it!

Anyway, tomorrow I will continue and keep tweaking my sounds and putting some more cool patches together. That instrument has a really full ROM in it and there are many many choices of pretty much any instrument sound you need.

In the evening I took a break for a bit and set up this tiny tripod for my little camera and made the first diary movie of me at the piano.

Its just a quick improvisation I did tonight. Hope you enjoy it.

Musically,
Jordan

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
הודעהפורסם: ג' מרץ 25, 2008 3:05 pm 
מנותק
דרימיסט שרוף

פשוט מקסים! :love:
כן יירבו "בלוגינג" כאלה.
הוא מתקשר עם המעריצים בצורה קצת שונה למשל, מפורטנוי. הוא נראה הרבה יותר רגוע.

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
הודעהפורסם: ד' אפריל 09, 2008 4:20 am 
מנותק
The Count of DT-IL
סמל אישי של המשתמש

עידכון נוסף מרודס.
אגב, כל העדכונים האלו עכשיו נמצאים גם כאן: http://www.jordanrudess.com/home/diary.php
ציטוט:
General Update and Piano Diary 2
Things are busy in JR land.

I've been buzzing about many things here on my break and very busy with my musical endeavors.

The Keyboard Magazine Webcast went very well the other day. It was exciting to do as it was a very new thing for all of us. My host was Tom Brislin who also accompanied me on some of my various riffs! Have you guys heard his band Spiraling? You should. http://www.myspace.com/spiraling. Very melodic rock that just feels good!

Even thought the LTE shows are not until June, all the programming for that needs be be completed in the next week or so before I leave on a family vacation followed by the last leg of the Dream Theater tour. That kind of work is pretty intensive and I really need to get it done in my own studio at home.

For these concerts I have decided to use a Roland Fantom G. I am probably the first guy to get into programming this instrument for a concert situation outside of the trade shows so it has been really interesting. The ROM on this instrument is so large and putting layers and splits together is really pretty fun because there is so much to choose from. The Fantom G is still a different beast then my Oasys, which I still adore! I miss all the effects on my Oasys and the control I have to really get in there and do whatever I want but at the same time there is a smoothness about orchestrating my sounds on the G that I really like as well!

I've done about 6 of the big LTE songs now. Actually just finished When the Water Breaks earlier today and moved on to Universal Mind. In the middle of all this madness I had a really nice meeting with Dot Bustello from Apple the other day in NYC. She introduced me to LOGIC 8 which kinda blew me away. I have been really interested to start using this program and whenever I am not pressing buttons on the Fantom I have been checking out a LOGIC instructional video that I bought off of macprovideos.com. Great stuff!!!

My fingers have also been pretty busy learning some interesting things we may do for the LTE show. I dare not divulge! Also - just in case we change our minds - my lips are sealed.

But I have been at the piano a lot working on same cool stuff! I sat down at the piano last night and positioned my camera and have uploaded my latest "Piano Diary" piece. Its totally improvised (as usual) with no pre conceived plan at all. I think it is shareable though!

Musically,
Jordan Rudess

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
הודעהפורסם: ד' אפריל 09, 2008 1:08 pm 
מנותק
שגריר הפרוגרסיב
סמל אישי של המשתמש

איזה הספק יש לבן אדם הזה!!! שאנשים יבינו, לתכנת פריסטים לשירים של LTE ו- DT זה חתיכת עבודה. להכין את השכבות לכל סאונד ,להרכיב את הסאונדים, לסדר וכו', אבל ג'ורדן מלך גם בתכנותים!

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
הודעהפורסם: ד' אפריל 09, 2008 2:48 pm 
מנותק
דרימיסט-על
סמל אישי של המשתמש

הצטרף: ה' דצמבר 13, 2007 4:13 pm
הודעות: 8003
מיקום: ירושלים
פאק פאק פאק , איזה כישרון , ועוד לחשוב שהוא ממציא דברים כאלה מהראש ועוד בלילה ! מלך הקלידים אין ספק ..

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
הודעהפורסם: ד' אפריל 09, 2008 4:12 pm 
מנותק
דרימיסט שרוף

איזה כיף שהוא מכניס אותנו לשגרת היום-יום שלו :yes: :party:

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
הודעהפורסם: ד' אפריל 09, 2008 4:57 pm 
מנותק
The Count of DT-IL
סמל אישי של המשתמש

הבחור is on fire!

ציטוט:
04/08/2008
Piano Diary 3

Today was quite busy for me. Took some time off programming LTE stuff to explore LOGIC 8 and KOMPLETE by Native Instruments.

A mix of joy and frustration occurred. The usual when getting into new technology. About half of the Komplete package is not working right yet, so I made a bunch of notes to get to the technical people at NI and asked them to help me out! Also tried some of the things I am learning in the BIG logic instructional video I am watching on the program for myself.

Adjusting tempos of the song to match the groove of loops and changing the timing of an audio loop so it matches the tempo of the song were all on my agenda! Those worked beautifully.

Also did some fancy comping of a test vocal, which uses a new Logic 8 feature. I am also very impressed with the whole Apple Loop technology. Apple is the best.

In the middle of it all picked up my girls from talent shows - Crew practice and various activities. Now it is the end of the night and the piano improv I did a few hours ago put me in a nice head space, so I hope it does the same for you!!

Enjoy...

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
הודעהפורסם: ש' אפריל 12, 2008 9:12 am 
מנותק
דרימיסט שרוף

הצטרף: ו' דצמבר 14, 2007 4:58 pm
הודעות: 1382
אני ממש אוהב את היומן הזה שלו...באמת כיף לקרא, והקטעים שהוא יושב על הפסנתר גם מעניינים.
הקטע האחרון שהוא הקליט הכי טוב עד עכשיו, האמת לדעתי הוא היחיד שמעניין מבין כל הקטעים האלו, האחרים היו חמודים...אבל לא מיוחדים,זה באמת היה אחד מעולה.

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
הודעהפורסם: א' אפריל 13, 2008 5:54 pm 
מנותק
The Count of DT-IL
סמל אישי של המשתמש

ציטוט:
I have been practicing a very hard piece, so I'm actually working it out on the digital piano with the volume on very low. There is nothing worse to me then listening to me or anyone else pounding out wrong notes!

A little later in the day it was on to programming the Fantom G for the Liquid Tension shows. Finished another tune with one more big one to go!! Next on the agenda was a little chauffeuring for the kids. When I got home from the first round of that I had about an hour before leaving again, so I decided to do the next piano diary entry...

A strange one as you will see. The spirit of sharing is reaching new territory now, so enjoy it while it lasts!!

Soon I will examine the suggestions that some of you sent in to me for future improvisations. I might do a little youtube presentation on improvisation as well I think.

Time will tell...

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
הודעהפורסם: ב' אפריל 14, 2008 1:15 pm 
מנותק
דרימיסט שרוף

"A strange one as you will see"
בהחלט!
הקוסם השתגע לגמרי! :haha: :haha:

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
הודעהפורסם: ב' אפריל 14, 2008 1:31 pm 
מנותק
שגריר הפרוגרסיב
סמל אישי של המשתמש

אגב גיא וכולם פה, מי שרוצה ל"השפיע" לגבי האלתורים הבאים של רודס, יכול להיכנס לפורום שלו, יש אשכול מיוחד בו כל אחד יכול להציע בין 5-8 תווים וג'ורדן ירכיב מהם אלתור.

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
 נושא ההודעה: [דיון] ג'ורדן רודס
הודעהפורסם: ב' אפריל 14, 2008 4:19 pm 
מנותק
דרימיסט שרוף

:haha: :haha:
חזק!
אתה כבר הצעת לו תווים כלשהם? :D

דווח על הודעה זו
חזור למעלה
 פרופיל אישי  
הגב עם ציטוט  
הצג הודעות החל מה:  מיין לפי  
פרסם נושא חדש הגב לנושא  [ 51 הודעות ]  עבור לעמוד 1, 2, 3  הבא

כל הזמנים הם UTC

מי מחובר

משתמשים הגולשים בפורום זה: אין משתמשים רשומים ו 77 אורחים

אתה יכול לכתוב נושאים חדשים בפורום זה
אתה יכול להגיב לנושאים קיימים בפורום זה
אתה לא יכול לערוך את ההודעות שלך בפורום זה
אתה לא יכול למחוק את הודעותיך בפורום זה

עבור ל:  
מופעל על-ידי phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
מבוסס על phpBB.co.il - פורומים בעברית. כל הזכויות שמורות © 2008 - phpBB.co.il.